He found it fortuitously middle of a dance floor in a town of Durango. She was 17; he, 35 more.
At that time the life of Emma Coronel Aispuro, now wife of Joaquin Guzman Loera, El Chapo, Mexico's most famous prisoner was marked. In an interview with Proceso, the young born in California tells his story and the story of the life partner who is considered the most powerful drug trafficker in the world, now imprisoned. "There is no bed of roses or anything like that , " he says.
The meeting lasted just 15 minutes. After three days of waiting, in mid-January Emma Coronel Aispuro he managed to be let in the prison El Altiplano to see her husband, Joaquin Guzman Loera, leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, recaptured on 8 January. Hooded men entered the cubicle who brought to El Chapo completely subdued and followed by a dog. He sat down, but the guards were a few centimeters; she could feel her breath on his neck and his intimidating stare.
During the previous six months, while Guzman was a fugitive, the couple had barely found twice. None at Christmas, as stated by the Attorney General of the Republic.
In the midst of tribulation, Emma and bonnet were barely able to talk about the basics. How she and the twins were four years procreated; how his mother, Consuelo Loera; and how he was. Guzman Loera first seemed to be cornered. There was just something that weighed more than the loss of freedom: not to see their loved ones.
"If I had known that he was not going to be all I want, I do not do this , " he muttered. Emma thought she meant to have escaped the Altiplano on July 11, 2015, but never really talked specifically about that.
But if anyone knows that "would not exist" is she, who at age 17, in a dance of people in the region of La Angostura, Durango, ran in the middle of the track with a man who was 35 years older than and she smiled. Emma danced with her boyfriend; him with another girl. Perhaps for fear of being rejected, through a third party that night invited her to dance and she accepted. It was nothing special, really I would have said yes to anybody, because that was the tradition for young, even had a boyfriend.
After that chance meeting Emma not immediately ended the relationship with her boyfriend and did not see Guzman Loera until months later.
Last Friday 12 I met Emma Coronel for an interview, the first given after eight and a half years of marriage to El Chapo. For more than two hours, unhurried, he spoke of his life next to who is the US government designated as the world 's most powerful drug trafficker. He accepted, without conditions, rain of questions from this reporter.
This is the story of Emma Coronel, by his own account and in his own words, he told for the first time. Sometimes nervous, sometimes evasive, gradually he was narrating the impact on your life married to knowing most wanted criminal in the world.
A California girl
Coronel has every picture of a young northern Mexico: tall, porcelain white skin, big brown eyes, hair falling like a waterfall him on the back and a curved silhouette without exaggeration. From humble family, he was born on July 2, 1989 near San Francisco, California. Exactly in Santa Clara, as the birth certificate obtained by the reporter.
Why he was born there?
Like it was nothing planned, it was last minute. My mom went from "wet", which at that time was much more common, much easier; he played that was born there, none of my brothers was born there or anything, it was not planned nor decided. It was now himself that chance.
A month and a birth certificate that accredits as US citizen returned to Canelas, Durango, municipality located in the zone of influence of the cartels of Sinaloa and Guadalajara for decades. There were waiting his father, Inés Coronel, and his older brother, Omar. The family became more extensive time they reached her sister Claudia and Edgar.
'Where it is native to your family, your mom and dad?
-From Ranch near from where I am originally, La Angostura, there are also my parents.
All life have lived there, to 18 years also lived there.
-How is that place?
It's an ordinary ranch, like any other, are humble people ...
'What people live there?
Well many people are going to work to Culiacan, others have gone to the United States, survive, survive but all very humbly. I like it because I lived there all my childhood ... that I grew up with my brothers, with my parents. There is not anything extravagant things, things that are in the city that are so stressful; It is a very quiet life. The strange too says almost to herself, with a hint of nostalgia.
He claims that his mother was a housewife. His father since childhood was dedicated to plant corn and beans, and now more recently, selling used cars in the US border.
Was there a moment when you were a child, you have returned to the United States?
Yes, this, at age 11 I went with my mother's family; I studied one year in the United States, and 12 I returned.
-Because you left?
' My parents sent me to learn English, so I could see how it was where he was born, more than anything. Yes I liked it , but I wanted to go back because I missed a lot; I did not used to it. It was far from where I am and I missed my family very much. Year I convinced me to return.
Months after that first encounter with dance and El Chapo, Emma decided to participate in the contest to choose the Queen of the Fair Coffee and Guava, which in February each year is held in Canelas. Her boyfriend, very jealous, did not agree to participate in the contest and that caused the rupture. She says proudly won on merit, not because Guzman Loera has influenced the result.
"I won with many votes and thereafter was when it became therefore a scandal implicating him in my life, and was not yet in my life , " he says.
Wedding
Guzman Loera, fugitive after escaping in January 2001 the maximum security prison in Puente Grande, Jalisco, began visiting in the home.
He's a man who takes you many years, it seems a difficult relationship to understand.
'I tell you what won me it was his talk, the way they treat me ... he did not take great gifts and great things, but he beats people by their way of being.
When did you really come together as a couple?
-What We were married or how ...?
Yes, you join, you're going to live with him, who make a life partner.
It was when we got married in 2007, we were married by the church from nothing and then we partner.
Where was the wedding?
-In my house. Nothing more people were very few persons . My close family ... I've heard I do not know how many people there were, officials ... I do not know. Not true, it was nothing more than my family, people ranch.
In September 2007 the name of Emma Coronel Aispuro and his marriage came to light when the journalist Patricia Davila published in Process chronicled the link bonnet and beauty queen. There a wedding with several guests, including politicians Sinaloa, and a chafing composed of the Mexican Army itself described.
The author of this report obtained by other means similar information and even the names of some of the guests assumptions. Emma insistently denied in the interview that his marriage had been.
Isn't there were politicians in your wedding?
No, I have never seen him with a politician.
Were there military at your wedding?
-Do not. Everything was very tiny, with pure family, there was no big bands that say, nothing like that.
' And what church they married?
No, this was not a church, it was a father of the municipality of Canelas, he went and married us there.
Family ' And who was he?
-No one.
-¿Traía Escorts?
-yâ Not remember ... at that time; but they were friends of him ...
Is it true that your uncle is Ignacio Coronel? -I ask. During the first decade of the century, Ignacio Coronel was considered "king of methamphetamines" partner of Sinaloa cartel boss in Jalisco. Mexico's government says was killed in an operation the army in 2010, in Guadalajara.
-Do not. Is not true. While we have the same surname, there are many people whose name is the same and are not family. The Lord is not my uncle, in fact I do not know.
Because it was told that supposedly was through Mr. Ignacio Coronel, who worked with Joaquin Guzman Loera, who had known. It was not so?
-Do not. On some occasions they have said that's my dad too (Ignacio Coronel), other than my uncle, but neither my father nor my family. Do not know him.
' In that moment you and you understood who he was Joaquin Guzman Loera?
-I think not
The golden years
They spent their honeymoon on a ranch. Despite his alleged vast fortune, Guzman Loera could not offer his young wife something better. Never traveled abroad and if Guzman Loera came to travel to Argentina and elsewhere, as has been said in the press, "has not taken me with him , " he says.
After she moved to Culiacan and began his high school studies at the suggestion of it.
-After I studied communication sciences. I have not exercised but I really like journalism.
He states that studies were conducted at the Autonomous University of Sinaloa, where a parallel criminal world in which her husband was sailing world was invented. If he could keep it as a compartmentalized part of her life, she also learned to "compartmentalize" being the wife of Chapo.
-¿Aquí, In Culiacan, with whom you live, who your inner circle?
My family ... they were coming slowly, and friends, more than anything. I did mine friends from school or family. But all quite normal, quite quiet, nothing fancy ... I'm a normal person.
After the interview Emma says she does not like to give his name and that there are even friends who do not know who she is, because that feels more comfortable.
"I recently heard a comment from friends travel and gave the name of a trip that was very expensive and said 'I'm not that woman Chapo', not knowing that I did it was , " he says. "If you knew, m'ija, how hard it is to be, there is no bed of roses or anything like that , " she thought. But he said nothing.
It was during the years of marriage to Emma when Guzman Loera became a black legend. Since 2009 , Forbes magazine pointed out, four consecutive years as one of the richest men in the world. In 2011 the United States Department of the Treasury named him the world 's most powerful drug trafficker. No dealer had achieved so much attention, even Pablo Escobar, the Colombian Medellin drug cartel leader.
During those golden years meetings between Emma and El Chapo seem to have occurred without an outline. Sometimes every weekend looked ... or could take months. "... It happened when everything was normal medium, within what fits."
She remained stable somewhere, mainly in Culiacan. It was he who was constantly changing place. "I was going when he was already an established place and was very quiet. Yes I heard that day was not going so well, but I was not; I went when it was quiet , "he admits.
He notes that following the publication where his wedding was revealed with bonnet she did not give much importance. "When I began to worry more was when my daughters were born and came out in the media , " he says , referring to the publication of Los Angeles Times, which reported that in August 2011 Emma and El Chapo became parents of twins.
"When you have children it changes the way of thinking and seeing life. For me it was when I started thinking about the situation, everything was a bit difficult. " He says he wants his daughters to make a normal life and not have problems like other children of Guzman Loera. "... Only by being their children have to walk hiding, because the government has decided that they also have to pay ...".
"I'm very sad to think that now can not see his dad, that big can be judged, that can point out things they have no idea , " he says of his daughters.
While acknowledging that her husband could study little- according to his record of admission to prison in 1993 to third primaria-, qualifies as a very intelligent man "... their intelligence is based on testing of life, is a very intelligent man, very human. "
Points out that her husband was a fugitive never seen over the years how worried or upset, even in times of greatest persecution. "He at no time shows he is worried about something. I can say that we have had very good relationship, we have always gotten along well. It is a very attentive, very loving, very respectful, very cheerful man who makes you forget them problems when you see him and you know it has many problems and is like nothing. All very quiet, very average .... " He asserts that during the time that has been with him never saw drugs or weapons.
The portrayal of him is in contrast to the dozens of witness statements made before the government of Mexico or the United States, which portray him since he was imprisoned for the first time in 1993 to his years of greater power, like a drug dealer unscrupulous .
Partners, children
'In the years 2007 to 2014 was supposed to be a fugitive from justice, it is assumed that the government of Mexico sought him, wanted to put him in jail; it is assumed that the US government was looking for . How was living like ?, is constantly changing place ?; in that sense, how was the life led?
- Indeed, it has always been changing places.
'You know what he did ? Did you know that smuggled drugs?
-Do not. In fact I do not know that he traffics drugs, I have never seen drugs with him or with anyone; I've never seen doing work or anything like that . To me I am not aware.
'Have you seen that video that circulated on social networks, where he is reportedly facing a video camera and said that he had engaged in drug trafficking and that this situation has been the situation itself, by the very context in he lived?
Yes, yes I looked -Responds referring to video recorded by El Chapo to Mexican actress Kate del Castillo and US actor Sean Penn, released by Rolling Stone three days after his latest arrest in January.
'What you think of that?
' I think he wanted the world to see what he really was and what he had done, what had become, based on what circumstances. As he wanted to discuss his life he admits.
He ensures that what she knew was that El Chapo did not record the video with the intention that it be transmitted to the public, but only for there information for the article that Penn would write in Rolling Stone was taken.
'You met Mayo Zambada? , 'I asked. Ismael Zambada Garcia, El Mayo, is one of the main partners of Guzman Loera in the Sinaloa Cartel; according to the criminal charges the US government, share equal power within the criminal organization.
-Do not. Do not know him. Whenever we were with my husband we were nothing when we received him ... he was nothing. I never looked at it with others, or who had appointments with other people and I was present, no.
'You met Vicente Zambada, the son of Mayo Zambada?
-Do not. Do not know him. I watched on television, nothing more.
-The Relationship with your family, with your children, how have you been all these years? With his first couples, wives? How is this relationship being such a large family?
They've been few occasions that I have had them, but very, very quiet, very friendly. I can say that their children are very polite boys, very friendly, like him. They want too much as dad and son, like anyone else. The problem is also the fact that they always have to be careful as children of it, which is not that first investigate and then accuse them , but first accused and then investigate.
Ivan Guzman Salazar, one her older children, was arrested by the government of Mexico in 2005 and released in 2008. And José Alfredo, of the same name, is accused of drug trafficking in an Illinois court along with his father. Both are the product of his first marriage with Alejandrina Salazar.
DEA
Loera -¿Guzmán talking to someone the US government knew people ?, DEA?
-Not that I know of; I have never known to have negotiations or that have spoken with a person from the DEA. I rather think the DEA what matters is to have communication with people who can bring you things, like putting other people, and know perfectly well that he would never do that; then, as that side they have never tried to find him .
In a district court in Chicago, Vicente Zambada, who was arrested in Mexico in 2009 and extradited in 2010, he said to the judge that the Sinaloa Cartel, through lawyer Chapo, Humberto Loya Castro, had helped to arrest and kill thousands. And much of that information came directly from Guzman Loera, who, according to his lawyer, Jose Refugio Rodriguez, is open to not hinder extradition to the United States if it reaches an agreement with that government.
Emma says that the government of Mexico has invented many false stories about her husband to have to blame the bad things that happen in the country. "To be entertaining people and not letting us see what really happens ... as there is so much poverty, so many missing persons who can not find and do not know how to explain it . It is my opinion".
In February 2014, when he was arrested by the navy in Mazatlan, Emma was there. He visited religiously Highlands during the year and a half was imprisoned. He says he learned through the media of his escape on 11 July 2015 and knew, by the same media, who was arrested the morning of 8 January in Los Mochis, Sinaloa, while allegedly fleeing in a car Stolen.
What felt?
I was worried about what they could do ... that could take reprisals against him for the past; many thoughts found.
-¿Temía You for your life
-Of course. Still afraid.
Emma Coronel, the ex - Queen beauty Canelas, went back to the same prison where her husband had escaped to see it. After waiting there three days, from morning until evening, they let see 15 minutes in the visiting area of the Altiplano. She claims that her life is in danger and that the government of Mexico, in revenge for the humiliating escape, mistreats and "slowly torture".
Although the government denies it , she and Rodriguez, attorney, reiterated this reporter that his health is very delicate. By constant roll call and the presence of personnel camouflaged outside his cell, he has not been able to sleep and have pressure on 190. That is, on the verge of a heart attack or stroke. Sources consulted this week in the criminal confirmed that the health condition of the Chapo is very run down.
The National Commission of Human Rights refused to report on the health of Guzman Loera and said they can not make any statement until it has completed the investigation.
"If I knew I was not going to be all I want, I do not do this , " murmured the capo Emma Coronel in his brief meeting in mid-January; and since then not been able to see or speak to anyone in his family



0 comentarios:
Publicar un comentario